Thursday, May 19, 2011

End of Maternity leave

2 months passes quick and I am at the end of my 2 months maternity leave, will be starting work next Monday. Rightly speaking, what passes fast are the weeks after confinement and when the babies are staying with my aunty (the babysitter). Last weekend was the first weekend that I have to bring them back, had great deal of anxiety and mixed feeling and it was an extremely busy weekend too. We attended two wedding dinners and it was an experienced.

My holiday is over and I have to face motherhood in its full prospective. We have made the decision to bring the twins back daily except for days when Louis is on afternoon or night shift which is 2 days per weeks. I am grateful for this arrangement, it means I would have 2 night of good rest per week.

I had a celebration dinner with Louis at Mortons to celebrate the birth of the twins and parenthoods. I shared with him my worries and my constant desired to cry whenever I think of the stress of taking care of the babies. Am glad that Louis is encourarging and giving me assurance that we will be fine. The dinner at Mortons was the most expensive dinner I had so far, service was superb, Onion bread taste wonderful and the steaks was great. Too bad, we were too full to have desert or rather we didn't want to spend that kind of money. So, we went to MacDonald and ordered the Ice-cream as our desert of the night.

Anyway, I will count my blessing and be grateful for the healthy and wonderful babies that I have and learn to embrace each other company. Me and Louis have also agreed to have our monhtly date to have nice and quiet dinner together but definitley not Mortons, too expensive.