Monday, May 4, 2009

Grandma condition is more critical than we thought

Grandma is in critical condition. She has lung infection, her asthma is making her breahtless and her irregular heart beat might cause her heart to collape. Her condition really deteriorated too fast.

Doctor said that we might not know but her condition is really bad. She gathered the family members today to discuss about Grandma condition and possible follow up should her condition worsen. Doctor explained that she might lost her ability to breath due to her lung infection and in the event that all medication failed to work, what do we want the doctor to do?
To insert a tube in her to aid her breathing which can only be done in ICU, because if that happened, she is definitely in critical condition. With this, there might be a possibility of her recovering from her Lung infection, however due to her old age and weak body, she might need other treatment should she recover. Another option is comfort management which mean, ready to let her go and end her suffering.
Doctor felt that we should give grandma a chance to try, they will call in the ICU doctor if the need arises before we make the final decision. All along, I thought I will be strong and ready to face this day as long as I love her and am spending enough time with grandma, but today when I saw her, I felt that time is running out and I am not quite ready to see her in this state.

I am the official contact point for grandma condition. Hopefully I will know what to do if the Doctor ever call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment