Sunday, May 3, 2009

Over promised and under delivered.

Had our Mothers' Day dinner at one of the Coffee Shop at Jurong East. I wasn't supportive of going to this coffee shop but gave in after I was told that the price is really cheap and good. We had dinner there once some months back and was told that my aunt who bought us the dinner only paid $200 plus for 2 tables of 10 people each.

I made it a point to find out the cost for 3 tables and was told that is should only be around $300 plus. That's good deal isn't it? But when asked for the bill, the told cost was $600. I was very unhappy, how can this goes so wrong? $600 is double of what was told to me. Anyway, I will try not to get involved in such planning anymore, only make me upset each time with all the unnecessary comments and hipcup.

Grandma couldn't join us for the dinner, she was in hospital. Her asthma condition was under control but her mind is in delirious state. She lost track of time and event, she was telling me thing that either happened in the past or never happen. May sounds hilarious sometime when we recount the incidents, but grandma condition is definitely not funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment