Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas again

Mum and aunts ideas of Christmas party are really very different from our (at least mine). The foods that they prepared are the typical dishes that we had during family buffet dinner. Mee hoon, satay, otah, steamed fish, sushi and few vegetatian stuffs. They find the foods that I prepared too westernised for them, like the roast chicken, saugages and the steamed vege.

My mum thought I am inviting my friends over for the dinner, so she prepared too much foods, when she knows that my friends are not coming, she quickly went down to invite my grandma void deck kaki up for the feast. So, the party turns out to be grandma's party.

With no Christmas Tree, no turkey, no log cake, the dinner feel like an usual family gather rather than Christmas celebration but that's the spirit of Christmas isn't it? It is a get together for the family for a good time.
Hopefully, we will have a Chrsitmas party every year from now on and more happening gift exchange among cousins.
Cheers...


No comments:

Post a Comment