Monday, March 28, 2011

Confinement rules are the cauae of poat-natal blue.

Having been thru the labour process and now in the midst of confinement, I can't help but start comparing and see which is worst?? Labour pain are greatly managed with the help of Epidural and that certainly save my life. I can't imagine what it would be like delivering the twins without the painkiller. So, having said the above, the post labour pain is the one that is unbearable. Pain and discomfort starts to developed and no amount of consumable pain killers seem to be working.

As a new mother, Breastfeeding is another challenge, waking up every 2-3 hours to feed and realised that I have insufficent milk to satisfied the hungry babies, this is freaking tiring and discouraging and yes, simply multiply the the above by 2 for twins. On top of the pain, came the rules of confinement. No aircon, no direct wind, no shower unless with the boiled herbal water, no washing of hair for the first week, the foods n red dates tea and lastly no outling for the entire month. I felt suffocated when I sleep in hot environment and I have found myself waking up feeling stress couple of time. Anyway, I really this confinement period will be over soon so that I can fully appreciate parenthoods without having to follow the rules that does not make sense to me.