Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maternity leave woes

I actually felt discriminated for being pregnant and taking maternity leave which is my entitlement. Am sure this is a common feeling everywhere, whether we have a male of female boss. I heard comment saying maternity leave is a career limiting move, sure, then don't say you are pro-family when been asked by a female counter-part. There was conflicting message and action around me and this does not make thing any easy for me who is going into Parenthood for the first time.

After much thinking-thru and planning, I thought taking 2 months is a not a bad ideas afterall, at least I can spend more time with my twins when they are older with my remaining two month maternity leave left. However, it was later found out that it will be tough to clear the leave and Cash out option for the leave was offered. I have not taken up the offer, I would rather keep the option open than to be duped aagin into another decision that I will feel uncomfortable with.

For now, I am trying to convince myself that life is such, everyone is selfish and they only think for themselves and I am actually not in such a bad situation. I know my focus will be on the babies when they arrived and I will have no time to be bother with the rest of the issues.