Saturday, April 2, 2011

Babies are 2 weeks old

Gladly shared that babies are 2 weeks old, i am enjoying their stage now, infants have their unique charm, need to treasure the moment cos babies grow up so fast.Looking back at the past 14 days, husband support and involvement does play an important role and part to help the weak and post labour mother to settledown and feel at ease and at peace.Without Louis around during the early days when we got home would be unthinkable. It got me thinking about paternal leave and why father should have the right to be involved and help out and they do need the transition period like the mother to realise that their baby had arrived and their roles had evolved.

At the same time, my heart really go out to mothers that their spouse were not at their side when she goes thru child birth and the adjustment thereafter. I knew of a friend's friend that huaband passed on weeks before the arrival of their baby. After going thru labour myself, i knew how tough it is for her and my heart felt the pain for her. I can't imagine how tough it is for her, just know she must be strong for her baby.I will count my blessing and be very grateful for God's grace and having Louis support throughout and going thru this period with me when i needed him most.