Friday, April 1, 2011

Having a stranger in the house

The stranger is the confinement lady not my twins hor. The first few days was fine but like any other stranger, they became less of a stranger after a few days and they began to intude into our life. We need her to take care of the babies and me during this period, thus we try to accomodate but there are moments where I just hope I am left alone.

They being experienced have their own mind set, we do not attempt to change them but having to justify and explained every of our decision is very mental draining. For eg, she question the costing that I paid for my post natal massage, she thinks that I have too many hampers from friends and I should recycle them, she kept asking me to wrap them up and give away. She is disagreed when she found out that my aunty is charging me Market rate for taking care of my babies (this I got to agreed with her) and kept asking me to change my plan, not once for at least 2-3 times.

When friends visited me with gift, she disapproved the stuffs that they bought and suggest that I quickly give away...i am going nuts with all this suggestion. Louis said, one ear in one ear out, I wish I could. I am facing her more than 12 hours a day.

Other than that I think she is over feeding my babies too and she refuse to listen to us. Of cos she had her strength, she encourages breastfeeding and always ask me to try, her cooking is alright thought. Anyway, 5 more days and she will be gone, another confinement lady will come and replace her. This is their arrangement because I got them too late and they are all book before or after my delivery. I think this is good too, at least we will know how to deal with the 2nd aunty when she come to minimised my misery right from the 2nd start.