Saturday, June 9, 2012

My mum

My dad passed away when I was barely 3 months old. All these years, my mum raised me and my brother up single handedly with the help and support from my maiden grandparents. I stayed with grandma since birth and that explained why i was super closed to my grandma. Before my grandpa passed away, I was his precious granddaughter that he bring everywhere. Anyway, I have amber love from my grandparents and I never feel losing my dad at such young age was a disadvantage or missing anything in life when I was young.

I only started to understand how tough and difficult it was for my mum much later in my life. My mum was made widow at the young age of 24, she didn't think of remarry to protect me and brother. I felt really sorry for my mum to be spending all her life almost alone. I wasn't closed to my mum when I was younger because we stayed apart, an arrangement due to work and I only get to meet her and my brother on weekend. I won't tell my mum much and I always accuse her of being bias towards my brother cause they were closer, till today. But I know I can't be more wrong, my mum love me as much as she love my brother, I truly understand the unconditional motherly love when I became a mother myself. There is no such thing as bias, I love them both as much as I can possibly give and I know my mum felt the same way towards us.

These days, I have learn to appreciate my mum more and more and would want to spend more time with her. Her birthday is coming and she sounded surprise when I dated her for dinner, she was happy that we remember her birthday. I always do but I don't always celebrate it for her, from this year on, I will want to celebrate my mum birthday with her every years. I am planning to bring Righteous out for the dinner with us, can't handle two, so will bring Sincere out the next time.