Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dinner with my mum and aunt

As the old saying said, once the tree fall, all the monkeys will go on their own way. In this case, the tree is my grandma and my aunties and uncles are the monkeys. Ever since grandma passed away, we do see less of each other, if not because my aunt is helping to take care of my babies, I will not see my cousin so often too. Staying on together as a family without the head (grandma) is not easy and required more trying then not.

My youngest aunt who is single is even more lonely without my grandma and we all try to include her in our celebration and dinner. During the the last two days that I was on urgent leave, my mum suggested having dinner at one of my aunt favorite Japanese restaurant that will be closing soon. The food is not bad but not as gaga as what they claim. Then I suggested having dinner at Trader Hotel on the following Monday without knowing that I will need to be on urgent leave again and not knowing that it was my aunt birthday too. Anyway, on the day itself, I was a bit tired and lazy but i have already called to make a reservation for the dinner. I asked my mum at 5pm if she is still keen for the dinner, my mum claimed that she forgot about it and my aunt was actually waiting for my call. I was so glad that we went for the dinner cos it was her birthday, else I will definitely blame myself for a long long time.

Dinner was good and we had a good time chatting and eating. I like the feeling and we should do it again and again..