Saturday, October 27, 2007

FEAR

I am still feeling weak after a long night of rest. Other than the bad cought and sore throat, something else is haunting me. As you may know, my family has the history of Colon Cancer and all of us in the family will have 50% chance of getting it. Colon cancer is 100% treatable if it is discover early. Below are the Symdrome of Colon Cancer.

  • a change in bowel habit
  • blood in the stool
  • bloating, persistent abdominal distention constipation
  • a feeling of fullness even after having a bowel movement
  • narrowing of the stool-so-called ribbon stools
  • persistent, chronic fatigue
  • abdominal discomfort
  • unexplained weight loss
  • very rarely, nausea and vomitingly.

What scared me was, these few days i have discover blood in my stool. The most effective way of discovering Colon Cancer is thru reglar check up and a yearly colonscopy. I missed mine last year, so I am rushing down to Poly Clinic the coming Monday for a reference letter for a appointment with SGH. No time to waste. Pray for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment