Monday, November 12, 2007

Finally, the day of Colonscopy

Started my fasting and cleansing routine last night to prepare for my scope today. I was supposed to take only fish porriage for dinner before 6pm and start drinking the 2 bottles of Oral Saline laxative at 7pm and 8pm respectively. I have to mix the 45ml of laxative with 750ml of water and finish it within 20min. My tummy felt bloated after drinking almost 2l of water, started the 'cleansing' at 9pm all the way to midnight..argh..

Reached National Cancer Centre at 9.50am, slightly late for my appointment. After registration, I had my blood pressure taken, the nurse said my blood presure is very normal, very good. I went on to change and waited for my turn. I remembered the last time when I had my scope, I was given a General Anaesthetic, and I am unawared about the whole process but today, I am fully awake and went thru the whole process with Dr Lim. Shocking, the scope is very very very very very very very painful and almost unbearable at some points. I was told to breath and relax but the pain is so apparent that I really forget how to breath. I could have see the whole of my colon but i shut my eyes most of the time because of the pain. Thank God I managed to survive the ordeal and Dr said I am doing a good job althought at one point I really did let out and screamed..:P

Everything is fine and good. Nothing wrong with my colon except for some piles. No operation is required now to remove the piles as they are really small. However, doctor did notice that my digestive system is abit slow and that could be due to my high fibre intake. He said I might have taken too much veggies. How ironic, right? So balance diet is so so important..haha

No comments:

Post a Comment