Monday, July 12, 2010

Follicles are ready

The scan today shown that my follicles are ready, out of the 20 follicles, 7 of them are bigger than 16mm and 4 more might be ready by tonight. The size of the follicles explained the bloatedness and discomfort that I am experiencing. In fact, there is a condition called Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) caused by too many follicles developed due to the drugs given, which I might be expose to. I was advice to monitor my body condition and the side effects. I think I am fine so far...I think la.

My night jab is schedule at 10pm, it sounds painful according to the nurse, nothing can be done but go with flow. Today also mark the end of daily jab..Yeah!!

The nurse was telling me about my admission on Wednesday, she mentioned, no make up, no jewellery and no nail polish. I almost faint, no MAKE UP?? Fine, I can wear my nerdy glasses but NO NAIL POLISH?? I just did my gel nails and that costs me $138 and she wants it remove?? I was trying to tell her, 'this is gel, not nail polish, can I keep it?' She gave me a straight look, 'Sorry, you have to get it off before wednesday'!! Ouch..can you feel the pain?